Hi, I'm Jordyn
I'm an art director / dabbler in the arts / emotional thinker / idea creator / perfection seeker / team player & leader.
From a young age I knew I wanted to create things for a living. Yeah, lemonade stands were okay, but I was the only kid in my neighborhood to go door-to-door selling hand-crafted paper weights (AKA painted rocks). Most of my products were not aesthetically pleasing, and were likely purchased because I was just a cute little kid, or out of pity. Since then, my design skills have improved drastically, but I still know how to create something with emotional weight.
Outside of advertising, I'm a Pinterest pin-hoarder, one-time movie extra, wish-I-had-time-to-play Sims fanatic, beginner-but-hopeful hooper, do-it to-it DIYer, sure-these-go-together cook ... amongst other things.
A few random facts ...
- First computer art experience: Kid Pix when I was 5
- First professional graphic design program: Jasc PaintShop Pro (purchased for $100 when I was 13)
- Taught myself to code HTML and CSS in seventh grade so I could design my Neopets page
- Won 1st place in the D.A.R.E. poster design competition at my school in 5th grade
- Favorite Photoshop tool: Layer Comps
- Favorite Illustrator Command: ⌘ + SHIFT + V (paste in place)
- Favorite Indesign feature: Master Pages